Search This Blog

Friday, January 23, 2015

Taking the Express Train to Bloat City!

It's an interesting thing when you see your teenage son do something nice for you. It's almost like you are in this surreal world and at any minute you wait for the other proverbial shoe to drop. And so it did. With my daughter and husband away for dinner, it was easy enough to tell my son David, "let's just go out to eat...I can go anywhere as long as there are some gluten free items!" "How about Panda Express?" he asked. It is one of his favorite places to eat. "Sure!" I said. Within a few minutes I was looking online at the nutrition guide to find out there was almost nothing I could eat there! I told David to go on without me and I settled in for the night with a tofu smoothie (gluten free!) and air popped popcorn. About an hour later through my office door, David plopped down a takeout container and said, "I got this for you, Mom. They told me it was all vegetarian and gluten free." Oh. Wow. For the love of it all! For a brief moment in time, the notion that if I ate this stuff I would most likely bloat up like the day I delivered this kid...was gone. I only felt love. I did regain my senses and thanked him. Then quietly submitted the container to the refrigerator. The thought of his consideration, however, still makes me glow. Now surely that is worth the ride. www.challengecancer.com

1 comment:

  1. There is nothing better than the love of a son, well maybe a daughter. But seriously, you have will power.

    ReplyDelete