Search This Blog

Saturday, January 24, 2015

A Stark Contrast in Life

Yesterday I lunched on a sumptuous salmon and ancient grain meal at a country club near my home. Hmmm...you might be wondering, "why would this fancy meal be depicted in black and white? To prove a point of course! While walking with my husband Mark this morning he asked me, "well, do you feel any different being gluten free?" I was surprised to admit, yes, I did. The best way I can describe it is to say that I feel I am living in a more vibrant world. The color of the sky, the rocks, the trees are so much more vivid. My senses seem acutely alive all of a sudden. If you've had Lasik eye surgery like me, you may know what I am talking about.....the moment you open your eyes and see what was your previously dulled, blurred world is at once crystal clear. It is as if my brain fog has been lifted, but a fog that I never knew existed before. Reflecting on all of this, I wonder how much of life remains unnoticed because we walk around in a fog of busyness? Are we so gluttonous for stimuli (or wheat-packed carbs) that we neglect to savor the richness of the textures, colors and aromas around us? Wow. I wonder what week two will bring. www.naturesanswertocancer.com

No comments:

Post a Comment