Search This Blog

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Great! Now rice poses a threat!

Last night I was happily enjoying my free range chicken taco - yes homemade thank you very much! - thinking to myself, "this gluten free way of life is doable. I can do this!" Then my thoughts switched to how I could have made this meal even better.....especially for my family. I could have added brown rice! It's gluten free after all! For some reason, I decided to do a little research about rice. Now how boring is that? And I learned something new....rice contains high levels of arsenic! That's why it's important to rinse off the rice before you cook it. And that is just the start! If you are a gluten free guy or gal, you may wish to take a look at the consumer alert report on arsenic in various grains. Quinoa keeps looking better and better! And just when I thought I had learned enough, I found a recipe for quinoa tacos! www.naturesanswertocancer.com

No comments:

Post a Comment