Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Not Soy Fast!

Okay, it's day 5 in my journey to the land of no gluten and I have made a decision. Thirty days and I'm refocusing my energies! I'm blessed that I do not have celiac disease, so I can make the choice to return to gluten if I want. It is too early to determine where I will end up, but tonight's dinner took me by surprise. I made stir fry, and checked the label on the soy sauce....wheat....had to go to the store to buy tamari. Got home, and saw that the stirfry sauce I use contains.....wheat....urgh! Decided I didn't need the stirfry sauce anyway. Started adding my special Chinese spices, red pepper chili sauce and then the hoison sauce......wheat! Wow. And here I thought Chinese food was served with rice! I made it through dinner with just the tamari sauce but this experience really helped me to see that I can't be a zero tolerance kind of girl, at least not when it comes to gluten. But, for now, I continue solidly on my 30 days gluten free. I did read an interesting article on how naturally fermented soy sauces are considered gluten free but also learned that the chemically fermented soy sauces have other health issues associated with them. I think it's time for Mexican food. www.challengecancer.com

No comments:

Post a Comment