Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Gluten free is so blase

Meeting with a group of friends last night....where else but at Panera Bread (not my choice).....I informed the circle of them that I was officially "gluten free for the next 24 days". And who is counting, right? Anyway, I couldn't believe the response. Nothing. Nadda. Zip. Crickets....except for the new girl to the group who said, "oh yes, I'm gluten free, dairy free, soy free, additive free....been that way for years." And here I thought I was proud! So here are my GF lessons for day six: 1) No one is impressed. In fact, I think sometimes people can look at you like, "you pathetic little thing, no white bread. What will you do?" 2) You can find GF options almost everywhere. Before I left for dinner, I googled the menu at Panera and saw clearly marked choices....black bean soup and café salad thank you very much! 3) There is always someone who is doing something more extreme than you. You know you meet them when they ask for a bite of your dessert and then wave the bowl under their nose and say, "umm, good!" and 4) Focus on the friends, not the free part. It's always better to think about what you do have, rather than what you give up. www.naturesanswertocancer.com

No comments:

Post a Comment