Search This Blog

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Kids vs. Carbs

She looked up at me with those big blue eyes and with a semi-dramatic voice, my 15 year old daughter Kat began to tell me how much she wanted a chocolate chip bagel from Panera. She hadn't been feeling well and was all balled up in a sea of blankets on the couch. What mother could say "no" to a request like that?! To be honest the last thing I wanted was to go into a bread store and smell those cinnamon rolls and freshly baked multigrain baguettes...but off I went. And to my surprise, I walked in, smelled the aroma and eyed the rolls and..... Nothing. Nope! Not a thing! My resolve strong, I ordered my daughter her bagels and waved goodbye to all that gluten! It wasn't much later in the day that I realized in my busyness that I missed my ritual afternoon tea (some caffeine) and I had this amazing level of energy! Was it from not having gluten? I mean, it's only been a few days? Guess I will find out down the road. And my daughter, by the way, loved her bagel and her Mom. www.challengecancer.com

No comments:

Post a Comment