Search This Blog

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Is it dishonest to omit a conversation as easily as you omit the salt?

You've heard of the cookbook Deceptively Delicious, yes? The premise is simple: create healthier versions of the old standbys and get your family to consume more vegetables without them even knowing it. What can be wrong about that? So why did I feel so guilty when my son David went for seconds and then thirds after serving up this dish? He didn't even know he was consuming a completely vegan quinoa dish full of sautéed Brussel's sprouts! Whoops! I guess I neglected to tell him.....just like he neglected to tell me that he found my husband's wedding ring on a side table and threw it into the yard when he was five (found out much later).....Mom's version of payback, I suppose! www.challengecancer.com

No comments:

Post a Comment