Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

10 Days to Intestinal Realization

The trend is over, at least for me. I feel a little silly for jumping on board the GF train without any particular symptoms, but I thought it would be fun to see what happened. My fun so far has included pretty extreme intestinal pain, bloating at almost every meal and weight gain. To be fair, I believe primarily eating refined GF products could be the cause of some of this. But my reality is that I travel quite a bit and live with family members who love pasta! While I pride myself on not being a "quitter", I pride myself even more on honoring my body. Perhaps you are thinking, "well, she's going to dig into some pasta tonight!" Actually, I found an awesome quinoa and Brussels sprouts recipe I will be making tonight! So, while I think the extreme (for me) gluten free diet is not for me....I have decided my new goal is to take this one step in a more reasonable direction: I am going to enjoy more whole grain alternatives, while returning to my groats, buckwheat and whole grains. As I always say, "nature is about balance" and I feel great about returning to a better balance! Now....what will be new for February? Stay tuned! www.challengecancer.com

No comments:

Post a Comment